uk es it fr pt nl
Anatori River Notaciones
Calidad cuándo Funciona: 3.7
Consistencia de Olas: 3.1
Dificultad: 3.1
Windsurf y Kitesurf: 2.2
Gente al Agua: 3.7

Overall: 2.8

Ver todas las 18 notaciones

Basado en 7 votos. Votar


Surf Report Feed
Mirar Todas las fotos de Anatori River (144) < Fotos de Nelson - West Coast (380) < Fotos de New Zealand (2039) < Galería Inicial

Foto de Surf de Anatori River: 'Easterly chop affecting groundswell' por Rob Davies

3 hours
earlier
Peak Waves Wind Wind Waves Swell 1 Swell 2 3 hours
later
1.2
WSW
15
ENE
ENE
0.4
ENE
1.1
WSW
0.1
SE
13 s cross-
off
4 s 13 s 11 s

Open ocean wave model on 19 March at 12 pm

Forecast wind and swell just offshore from Anatori River around the time the photo was taken

Easterly chop affecting groundswell, Anatori River
Usuario: Rob Davies (1074 photo)
Foto tomada a: 11:57 am 19 Mar 2021

Easterly chop affecting groundswell

New Zealand | Anatori River

Nota promedia: 3.0
(Votar con las estrellas)

On the one hand, just a light NE breeze and a groundswell with sets to head high or even a bit more at exposed spots. On the other hand, a pesky very short period easterly chop that varied from barely noticeable to periods when it wrecked the waves making them almost impossible to paddle into and if you did make them, impossible to stay on your feet. Freakishly bad for spells. Hard to figure where that chop was coming from because it wasn't windy enough out to sea to raise any white horses. Light wind against tidal west to east drift seems likely. The forecast was spot on! I should have trusted it and saved the long drive: ok wave condiions for out-fronts: not for somewhere this remote.

We hope you find the new 12-day forecasts and additional details useful.

Kudos to everyone who helped us debug this over the past 3 months.

Be sure to click on the Advanced Surf option to see extra details about the sea-state. Look out for crossing swells and short period local wind swells and chop that will often spoil a groundswell even if the wind is perfect. As yet there is no allowance for this in the swell rating. This is something we are working on.